Commercial and Residential Real Estate
NOVA BLG represents corporations, developers, investors and individuals in commercial real estate transactions of all sizes and complexity, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, workouts and restructurings, land assemblage, development, investments by foreign entities, sale-leasebacks, and leasing.
At NOVA BLG you deal directly with practice area partners and experienced practitioners who are responsive to your needs, and who provide guidance and advice in a cost-sensitive manner that sets us apart from large firms.
We are highly experienced in the acquisition, disposition, financing, development, leasing and operation of all types of real property, including:
- Office buildings
- Multi-unit housing
- Shopping centers and retail
- Restaurants and hospitality
- Land development
When disputes arise, our clients can rely on our attorneys’ transactional and business experience, which enables them to propose creative solutions to complex problems, as well as our attorneys’ litigation experience, which enables them to provide effective and timely risk assessment and advice.
- Representation of several national clients that acquire properties utilizing tenant-in-common ownership.
- Closed more than $50,000,000 in loans for such transactions in last two years relating to properties in New York, Virginia, Washington D.C. and West Virginia..
- Succesfully negotiated the purchase of several hotels and motels located in New York, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Successful negotiation of financing documents, ground leases, space leases and purchase and sale agreements in connection with the development of several shopping centers.
- Acquisition and financing of two strip malls in the Northern Virginia, area including financing, for approximately $16.9 million.
- Assisted numerous clients in the acquisition, sale and finance of various developed and undeveloped commercial properties, with transaction values ranging from $100,000 to more than $15,000,000.